Whole Wheat Biscuits
- 1 1⁄2cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2cup all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1cup skim milk
For herb biscuits
- 1⁄4teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4teaspoon thyme
- 1teaspoon dried parsley
- Combine flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Add milk, mix quickly.
- Turn out onto a floured board.
- Knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12, 2 inch round biscuits or into wedges or squares.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425°F oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- For herb biscuits, add basil, thyme and parsley to dry ingredients.