Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- about 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (I use florets and stalks)
- 1 cup zucchini, diced in 1/4-inch pieces
- one .74-ounce packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- about 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, cut into bite-sized pieces if necessary (2 big handfuls)
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 70 % cooked through.
- Sprinkle half the packet of ranch seasoning mix over the chicken.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini, and evenly sprinkle with the remainder of the ranch seasoning mix.
- Evenly drizzle the lemon juice. Stir to coat evenly.
- Cover skillet and allow vegetables to steam for about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add the spinach and cook uncovered until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir intermittently.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat gently prior to serving if desired.
Creamy Garlic Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced or grated
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- optional: fresh parsley or basil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place the tomatoes and mushrooms on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil to coat. Season with a pinch of salt and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are just tender. Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and stir to combine. Slowly pour in the almond milk, whisking to combine. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- If desired, pour the sauce into a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Return to the skillet over medium-low heat, then taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add the pasta and roasted vegetables to the sauce and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil, if desired, and serve immediately.