Peppermint Bark Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 11 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 ( 12 oz.) bag chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
PEPPERMINT BARK TOPPING:
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bars, melted (or 1 (12 oz.) bag white chocolate chips)
- 6-7 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract; stir until chocolate melts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, beating after adding each egg.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Place brownies on wire rack. Pour melted white chocolate over top of brownies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy canes. Let brownie cool completely before cutting them into squares.