Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Sea salt
- Once your sweet potatoes are peeled and cut into fries, place them in a large bowl and soak them in cold water for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line two baking sheets with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Drain sweet potatoes, pat dry and add to a large plastic sealable bag. Add in cornstarch and shake until sweet potatoes are lightly dusted making sure there are no clumps.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing well. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, chipotle chili powder and brown sugar and slowly sprinkle over the sweet potatoes making sure to coat entirely.
- Spread sweet potatoes into a single layer on both baking sheets, making sure they aren’t touching each other, and bake for 15 minutes. Using a spatula toss sweet potatoes around on the sheet and spread back out into a single layer. Bake an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Pull fries out of the oven and sprinkle (liberally) with sea salt and enjoy!