- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine Parmesan and paprika (and optional salt if using). On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry 1/8 inch thick and lightly brush with cream. Sprinkle Parmesan-paprika on one-third the pastry, then sprinkle poppy seeds over another third, sprinkling over that with a little salt, if using (leave remaining third plain). With cookie cutters, cut out cat and bat shapes (or cut into 1 1/2-inch squares).
- Transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, then cover with more parchment and another baking sheet (this will keep pastry from puffing). Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove top sheet and parchment and let crackers cool completely on sheet on a wire rack.