Salsa Verde Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well here)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from a 1 oz package)
- ¾ cup salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (flour tortillas can be used as well)
- 4 roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, sour cream, taco seasoning, and the remaining ½ cup salsa verde. Mix together and set aside.
- Spread ¼ cup of the salsa verde on the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Tear 4 of the tortillas into 2 inch pieces and layer on top of the salsa. Top with ½ of the chicken mixture. Top with half of the tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers (tortillas, chicken mixture, tomatoes, cilantro, cheese).
- If freezing, wrap with saran wrap and then foil and freeze.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
- Cut into squares and add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.