Pico de Gallo with Lemon Zest
- 4 to 5 ripe plum tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Chop tomatoes and place them in a colander allowing them to drain for about 30 to 45 minutes. In the meantime, combine the rest of your ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in tomatoes, cover with plastic wrap and allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!