Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies
- 6 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup graunlated sugar
- 1 box (1 pound 2.4 ounces)Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 heaping cup Reese’s™ Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, halved (about 16 cups, halved)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add all the filling ingredients and beat with an electric handheld mixer on medium-low speed until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the brownie mix and make the brownie batter using the water, oil, egg, and pouch of chocolate according to package directions. Spread half of brownie batter in pan.
- Add the filling in rounded tablespoons, spaced evenly over the pan. Using a spatula and taking your time, carefully spread the filling into an even, smooth, flat layer.
- Add the remaining brownie batter over filling, spreading it into an even, smooth, flat layer.
- Evenly sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out mostly clean or with a few moist crumbs, but not batter. Allow brownies to cool in pan on a wire race for about 1 hour.
- After about 1 hour (brownies will still be warm, just enough so peanut butter cups will melt slightly and adhere), evenly sprinkle with the halved peanut butter cups. Slice and serve. Extra brownies will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.