Rolo Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- about 36 Rolo candies, unwrapped (buy the 12-ounce bag, you’ll use about 3/4 of it. Note – If you don’t have access to Rolos, unfortunately there are no substitutions)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn slightly more than half the batter out into prepared pan (about 60% or so, just eyeball it so that the bottom of the pan is completely covered, albeit thin coverage); set remaining batter aside.
- Evenly place the Rolos in the pan so that each Rolo is sitting on it’s ‘base’ rather than laying on its side. I made 6 rows of 6 Rolos each.
- Drop remaining batter over the Rolos in heaping rounded tablespoons. Use a spatula to smooth the ‘blobs’ of batter together. You won’t have complete coverage and that’s okay because batter expands a bit while baking and some of the balder patches ‘grow togther’.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Blondies firm up as they cool. A toothpick test is unreliable because you will likely hit melted chocolate or caramel, but if you hit a patch of dough, the toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies
- 6 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup graunlated sugar
- 1 box (1 pound 2.4 ounces)Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 heaping cup Reese’s™ Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, halved (about 16 cups, halved)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add all the filling ingredients and beat with an electric handheld mixer on medium-low speed until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the brownie mix and make the brownie batter using the water, oil, egg, and pouch of chocolate according to package directions. Spread half of brownie batter in pan.
- Add the filling in rounded tablespoons, spaced evenly over the pan. Using a spatula and taking your time, carefully spread the filling into an even, smooth, flat layer.
- Add the remaining brownie batter over filling, spreading it into an even, smooth, flat layer.
- Evenly sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out mostly clean or with a few moist crumbs, but not batter. Allow brownies to cool in pan on a wire race for about 1 hour.
- After about 1 hour (brownies will still be warm, just enough so peanut butter cups will melt slightly and adhere), evenly sprinkle with the halved peanut butter cups. Slice and serve. Extra brownies will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Strawberry Banana Yogurt Parfaits
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry yogurt, divided
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup granola
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced
- Add 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt.
- Add 1/4 cup of the sliced strawberries and bananas into each glass.
- Top fruit with 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt into each glass.
- Add 1/4 cup of granola into each glass.
- Top with an additional scoop of yogurt and slices of strawberries and bananas, if desired.