Sprinkled Monkey Bread Muffins Recipe
For the Muffins:
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla cake mix (dry)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
For the Cake Batter Icing:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla cake mix (dry)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray 6 regular size muffins tins with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Roll into balls. Place melted butter in small bowl. In another small bowl, mix brown sugar, vanilla cake mix, the cinnamon sugar and sprinkles. Dip each ball of dough into melted butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place 8 balls in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until puffed up and browning on edges.
For the icing:
- Meanwhile in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add milk, vanilla cake mix and the granulated sugar. Mix with whisk to form thick glaze. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes. Drizzle on each muffin. Top with sprinkles.