Nutella Churro Donut Holes Recipe
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all-purpose flour/s)
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain or all purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted coconut oil) OR light butter/spread of choice, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- ⅓ cup Nutella, melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread)
- 1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the Nutella until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).