Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes
- French Toast Cupcakes: ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour, sifted
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- Maple Buttercream Frosting: 2 Sticks butter, softened
- 2¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry (or bake) up some crispy bacon and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to the creamed butter one at time, waiting for each one to be fully incorporated before adding the next. Then add the milk.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffin tin. Bake at 375* for 25-27 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting: Mix all 4 ingredients together. Beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Frost your cupcakes and cover them with crispy bacon pieces.