Light & Fluffy Lemon Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups buttermilk (you can use regular milk in a pinch!)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled to room temperature
- Whisk buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon essential oil together in a medium bowl and set aside. Whisk dry ingredients together in another medium bowl. Whisk the egg and melted butter into the buttermilk mixture until well combined. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture in carefully. Gently whisk together until just combined. It’s ok to have a few lumps remaining. Do not over mix! Over mixing will produce a tough and chewy pancake.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to about 370. Pour the batter onto the skillet, using a ¼ cup measuring cup for each pancake. Flip when large bubbles begin to appear. Cook the second side until golden brown. Serve warm with toppings of choice. Homemade raspberry jam with powdered sugar is divine!