Fajitas on a Stick
- ½ white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix (from a 1 oz package)
- Wooden skewers
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ soft tortillas
- Toppings: shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and oil grate. Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- In a medium bowl, add the onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and toss to coat.
- In another medium bowl, add the chicken and remaining tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with lime juice and 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix. Toss to coat.
- Assemble the skewers. Thread the onion, bell peppers, and chicken onto the skewers. Use about 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer placing the peppers and onions in between. I like to place the onion next to the chicken so that it gives it flavor.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink. A tip: The chicken is not ready to turn if it is sticking. It will let go of the grill when it’s ready.
- Serve immediately in warmed tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.