Extra Cheesy Tortellini Bake Recipe
- one-20 ounce package (1 pound 4 ounces) three-cheese tortellini (spinach, sausage, etc. tortellini may be substituted), cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 cups red pasta sauce (I used a basil-infused sauce)
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-left parsley or fresh basil, finely minced for garnishing, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain, transfer to a large bowl, add the mascarpone, and stir to encourage the mascarpone to melt. Stir until all mascarpone has melted and tortellini are evenly coated.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer tortellini and any sauce to an 8×8-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. If desired, cover with foil and at this point you can refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking or bake now.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F, and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and as lightly golden browned and bubbly as desired. Prior to serving, optionally garnish with parsley or basil. Serve immediately. Extra tortellini will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat leftovers gently as necessary.