Creamy Garlic Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced or grated
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- optional: fresh parsley or basil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place the tomatoes and mushrooms on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil to coat. Season with a pinch of salt and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are just tender. Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and stir to combine. Slowly pour in the almond milk, whisking to combine. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- If desired, pour the sauce into a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Return to the skillet over medium-low heat, then taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add the pasta and roasted vegetables to the sauce and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil, if desired, and serve immediately.