Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli Recipe
- 4-5 medium to large yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 8 oz. bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Caulif-redo Sauce
- Cut ends of squash off and slice down the middle so you have two halves. Using the narrowest setting on your mandolin, slice the squash into long, flat strips. You’ll end with around 70 or so strips.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and saute for about 5 minutes, until nearly translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add ground chicken to onion and garlic and saute until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Squeeze all the excess water out of the spinach, then ad chicken, spinach, salt, pepper, and mascarpone to a food processor or blender and puree until mixture reaches desired consistency (I like it relatively smooth).
- Assemble the ravioli by just barely overlapping two strips of squash (pictured above). Do the same over the middle of the first two strips, but perpendicular, creating a cross or “t” shape.
- Spoon filling in the center of the cross, then bring the ends of the strips together, overlapping each other. If that doesn’t make sense, just see the picture above.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Before serving, steam raviolis for about 4 minutes, or until squash is tender and inside is warm.
- Top with Caulif-redo or sauce of your choice.