Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened to room temperature (not melted)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and molasses, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredient mixture and beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, until it is chilled*.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Fill a small bowl with sugar, and roll each ball in the sugar until it is completely coated. Place on cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart, then bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the cookies begin to slightly crack on top. (They may crack more while cooling.) Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two. Then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.