- 4-5 medium Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Alternating, add flour mixture and sour cream, starting and ending with flour. Mixing just until each addition is incorporated into batter.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan. (I line mine with parchment paper for easy removal of cake to a serving tray.) Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Peel, core and slice apples into thin slices (about 16 slices per apple) place apples in a single layer across top of batter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle over top of apple layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool 30 minutes.
- Prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake. Serve cake still warm or can be served cooled.
- Store in refrigerator.